Friday, April 03, 2009

iPhilistine

Elizabeth II by the Grace of God, Queen of the Britons, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India, has been given an iPod by Barry Obama, President of the United States of America, Boor, Boob, and Barbarian.

Speaking for myself, I do not, in fact, Pod. Perhaps Her Britannic Majesty will.

Which brings me to an entirely unrelated point. One very satisfying way to annoy the hip young folk is, at the mention of the iPod device, to conjugate it as if it were a verb. Also, if you must say it, put the emphasis on the second syllable.

At any rate, as President Obama continues his foibles, I continue to be confused about this first black president business.

Bill Clinton, apparently, claimed to be America's first black president. At first I had trouble believing this. He seemed so white. Then I remembered his clear preference for fat white girls. I am now more confused than ever.

No comments: