Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Farce of Canucki Justice

It has come to my attention that I have posted disparagingly on France and Individuals of French Heritage not less than four times in the last twenty-one days.

I am thinking of filing a human rights complaint.

I know it's crazy to post something on a website and then sue for the pain and suffering my own post has caused me, but that is what is happening in Canada right now. If I have failed so far to communicate this point, let me be clear. This is a matter of urgency:

Employees of the Federal Government go on websites, write nasty stuff, sue over it, and shut the websites down. No Joke.

Canadian courts are acting as censors and killing a whole mess of the super-good freedoms that make us, like, not China. 'Kay?

Go to Ezra and read. Read it all. They're also censoring magazines, charities, and McDonalds restaurants. It's nuts.

I, in the meantime, am demanding a right of reply. I'm not about to let myself get away with all this French-bashing.

In exchange for dropping my human rights complaint against myself, I've agreed to let my, er, self write a response of equal size on why French people aren't so bad after all.

Watch for it.

No comments: