Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tobacconists, Muses, and Influenza

nThe attentive reader will have noticed by now a certain scarcity of postings.

Alas I have been of late entirely overcome by a frightful strain of motu proprio influenza.

That is, Dear Reader, I have wanted to post. I have meant to post. Truly, posts have been prepared, reported upon, and delivered, only to be prevented, at the last possible second, by sinister gangs of brutish European Bishops, from publishing.

At any rate I was to the tobacconist’s shop this afternoon and have since been visited by the aromatic and twin Muses, Burley and Black Cavendish.

Blogging will resume at once.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurrah for the return of jdcarriere.
it's about time.

we, your vast readership, eagerly await the bittersweetitudes in store.

G. Thomas Fitzpatrick said...

No wonder I blog so much. I've been smoking two pipes of the stuff a day recently!

Hilary said...

Good grief, Carriere!

You've come back from the dead! How'd you manage that?