Friday, January 26, 2007

The Rack

But if I be asked what sign we may look for to show that the advance of the Faith is at hand, I would answer by a word the modern world has forgotten: Persecution. When that shall once more be at work it will be morning.
Hilaire Belloc
Considering the long-established and favoured treatment by the Crown of Her Majesty's loyal Catholic subjects, and with Mister Belloc's prophetic words firmly in mind, I read with delicious dread and horrified delight the headline in Scotland's Daily Record:

Kelly on the Rack Over Gay Adoption

Alas it was not as I had imagined. This rack was only a figurative rack and Secretary Kelly had not been dragged off to the Tower of London by a pair of sturdy Yeomen of the Guard in those frilly Beefeater suits.

Not this week anyway.

3 comments:

alicia said...

too bad
have you read the book "Moral Darwinism" by Benjamin Wiker? My husband is reading it, and reading me snippets as well. It reminds me of you for some reason.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
crusader88 said...

While I naturally wish for the Faith to advance, it seems uncharitable to long for its repression.