Monday, May 22, 2006

Message in a Bottle

...Or what would be except I haven't a bottle to spare.

This blog isn't generally about me, but an emergency like this changes a man.

In anticipation of our upcoming move, Mrs. Carriere has been packing. Things looked dire enough last week when she packed away my books, but today she's packed my liquor.

I have managed to save only a few ounces of Glenmorangie Sherry Wood Finish, and a copy of Chesterton's All Things Considered. And I think there is some Bushmills 1608 in my hip flask.

Next, I expect she'll come for my tobacco.

3 comments:

GFvonB said...

Now is not when you worry. When you get to the new place and those boxes seem to have mysteriously disappeared in transit, that's when you worry.

EJS said...

I should have guessed you were a scotch man. I bought a bottle of Glenmorangie 15 year the other day. Nice but would have prefered the port wood finish, but couldn't find it locally.

Couple of weeks ago I went to a scotch tasting and cigar dinner (as the guest of my much wealthier brother) at the luxurious Tower Club in downtown Chicago. Super.

J D Carriere said...

Yeah, I thought you would have guessed. Even so, I'm not so strictly a scotch man as generally a whisky man... a hazy distinction what with so much of the best whisky happening also to be scotch.

I trust you didn't miss this post: Nip in the air.